The secret behind the new Nighthunter Xtreme 8×56 is Steiner’s Diamond Night™ Lens Coatings for 94%+ light transmission. This proprietary Steiner formula combines rare earth materials and other minerals for coatings that deliver exceptional light transmission over a wide range of the color spectrum. The result is clear to see with superior clarity and contrast in low light or even near darkness.
Big game hunters will appreciate the advantage of Steiner’s battle-proven, combat-reliable porro prism design. The porro lens system produces three-dimensional images that improve depth perception superior to any roof prism design making it easier to scout and quickly locate your target.
Extremely rugged and durable, these binoculars are waterproof and submersible to 16 feet. Steiner’s proprietary N2 Injection™ System pressurizes optics to 14 psi with nitrogen and trace amounts of helium. If seals are not absolutely tight, hyperbaric testing detects the smaller escaped helium molecules, the optics are disassembled, and the process is repeated. 100% quality control inspection and fail-safe testing with medical-grade instruments ensures absolute quality. Positive internal pressure provides zero fogging and water intrusion despite drastic temperature changes, severe conditions, and lifetimes of use.
Other Steiner features include:
- Porro Prism Design produces three-dimensional depth perception and massive field of view to quickly locate and accurately evaluate your target.
- Sports-Auto-Focus™ System lets you focus each eyepiece to your vision once, then keeps images razor-sharp from 20 yards to infinity – no more chasing focus on moving targets.
- Comfort Grip System Textured rubber armoring and soft TechnoGel® thumb pads reduce hand fatigue over long periods of scouting or viewing.
- Makrolon® housing, a durable polycarbonate with NBR Long Life rubber armoring, creating a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 Gs of impact. Impervious to harsh conditions for generations of trusted use.
- Waterproof to 16 feet seals dry nitrogen into the tubes to lock out fog, rain, snow, water, grit and dust.
- ClicLoc® System attaches and releases neck strap or harness with instant, push-button ease, and keeps binoculars hanging straight and action-ready.
Steiner Nighthunter XP Technical Specifications:
|Objective Diameter||Magnification||Field of View @ 1,000 Yards||Waterproof||Weight (Oz.)||Dimensions (HxWxD) Inches|
|56mm||8x||336 ft.||To 16 feet||38||8.3 x 7.9 x 3.0|