The much-anticipated 10×42 L IS WP is the first waterproof binocular to incorporate Canon’s exclusive Image Stabilizer technology for steady, shake-free viewing. The high quality L series optics, featuring 2 Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lens elements (on each side), deliver excellent correction for chromatic aberration. With a large lens diameter and a 4.2mm exit pupil diameter, this binocular provides an exceptionally bright view, even in low-light conditions. The 10 x 42 L IS WP binocular offers both the desired brightness and excellent waterproof capabilities, making it ideal for a host of activities including marine use, stargazing and wildlife observation – just to name a few.
- Canon’s first waterproof IS Binocular.
- High performance “L Series” Lens with 2 ultra- low Dispersion (UD) elements on each side.
- Double Field Flattener Lenses for sharp, distortion-free images edge-to-edge.
- Bright field-of-view from a 4.2mm exit pupil diameter, the largest of any Canon IS Binocular.
- Wide angle rating from an apparent angle-of-view of 65°.
- One touch IS usage.
- Body components feature metallic coating to prevent fogging.
- Distinctive, easy grip design.
Main Specifications & Features
Objective Diameter: Effective 42mm
Real field of view: 6.5° (Field of view at 1000m: 114m)
Lens construction: Objective lens: 4 elements in 3 groups, Eyepiece lens: 7 elements in 5 groups
Exit pupil diameter: 4.2mm
Eye relief: 16mm
Prism type: Porro II Prism
Pupil-distance adjustment range: 57mm – 75mm
Focusing system: Objective lens movement
Focusing method: Manual focusing by turning the focusing ring
L-R dioptric correction method: Adjustable with the dioptric correction ring
L-R dioptric correction range: ±3.0 dioptres
Closest focusing distance: 2.5m
Image Stabilizer system: Optical correction with Vari-Angle Prism
Correction angle: ±0.8°
Shake detection system: Two gyro sensors
Image Stabilizer continuous operation time: +25°C: approx. 4 hours (using AA-size alkaline batteries)
Dimensions (WxDxH): 137 x 175.8 x 85.4mm
Weight: 1030g (body only)
Operating environment: 10°C to 45°C; 90% humidity
Standard accessories: Dedicated soft case, strap, objective lens cap, eyepiece lens cap
Power source: 2x AA batteries